Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Movie Review #1 : It's What's Inside



Hey girl... 


switch bodies with me real quick lmaoo. Yall I pirated this movie after going through a slew of movie recommendation from strange, yes strange, woman online. Emphasis on the strange because those are the online kind of people I can trust, as a strange person. Strange recognizes strange i guess. Do yall think im funny πŸ˜• should I stfu ?
 

 Idk girl, but let me tell you about the movie. So apparently its a college friend group who all linking up 8 years ( I think ) later because Rueben is getting married the next day. They invite a friend that was apart of the friend group originally but it's some tension because they got him kicked out of college. He shows up with technology that gives them all the ability to switch into each others body. Something tragic happens and they all have to make decisions. Sorry for the vagueness *sarcasm*
                       
                     *slight* ⚠️SPOILER ALERT⚠️

Obviously the relationship dynamics make the movie worth the wild. Shelby, the main character is insecure in her relationship, who can blame her with a man like Cyrus. Cyrus beats off to his white Instagram famous friend/lifecrush, Nikki, whenever Shelby isn't around. Weirdo. He never touches her and doesn't give her a reason why. He suggested maybe she wear a wig to switch it up spontaneously or something idfk, so she does. One day instead of going on her daily run at her scheduled time, she does her sexy makeup and puts on a blonde wig.
 
He asked for this blonde wig specifically. This is fucking me up because Shelby is a black queen okay, and he's wanting something she's not. IM not just bringing up her race for no reason, race is always a factor, as always. Race is brought up throughout the film so this is a extra layer in the plot, subtle, yet important  nonetheless. Now I need to watch this movie a good three more times to really give you essay on all of this and this is really taking all my brain power. Just imagine what it's like to be compared to someone whose nothing like you, there is no amount of physical changing you can do that turn you into them, it's ridiculous really. 

2024 Original Netflix Film: It's What's Inside 


For me the worst part of this movie was the loss of bodily autonomy, and what people chose to do while being in control of another's. Whole im watching I'm like damn, I feel like this is rape. Because what happens when I switch back into my body and I genuinely feel like I had sex, when I didn't, but oh yeah, yes I acually did and that was out of my control.... and I didn't know with who or who was even inside of me while doing that. Like what? Talk about nightmare fuel. 

But dont worry this friend group isn't more fucked up then the one in Bodies Bodies Bodies, by a long shot actually.. 

2022 a24, Bodies Bodies Bodies

I'll give It's What's Inside a solid 8/10 would watch again. Tap in yall, I linked it πŸ˜‰


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats A Girl To Do

  Hey girl, But really tho. I want more. Don't we all. Right now my obsession is everything cosmetic, something you  would know if you p...